Mount Mary Vineyard Quintet 2018

$211.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.

This legendary Yarra Valley Cabernet blend continues to grow in stature under the tenure of Sam Middleton with the 2018 vintage receiving widespread critical acclaim as one of the best Quintets yet. A blend of 44% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Franc, 5% Malbec, 5% Petit Verdot the wine saw 22 months maturation in a combination of 25% large format oak (1500L or larger), 30% in new barriques (225L) and the remainder in 2-5 year old barriques.

Totally opaque black dark red colour with a bright dark purple red hue. The nose presents a lovely combination of red to black currant, violet and ripe mulberry aromatics followed by complexing elements of dusty earth, vanillin cedar, faint notions of sweet tobacco and spicy fresh herb notes. Showing great finesse and class a wave of rich red and black currant fruits ride the medium weighted palate underscored by ripe mulberry, earthy graphite characters, subtle dusty cedar, dried herbs and spice. Graceful power with beautifully refined tannins seamlessly integrated with the fruit and a youthful freshness – the framework ideal for long term cellaring. Concludes with a long, elegant finish that’s layered with perfectly ripened red fruits.


Mount Mary Vineyard Quintet 2018 is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.