Venus La Universal Dido Red 2021

$33.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.

An organic red blend of primarily Grenache and Syrah with smaller quantities of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from DO Montsant, Spain. The vines grow in soils composed of sauló, a type of sand of granitic origin. Grapes were brought to the cellar, cold-soaked and fermented in concrete vats. Then, in order to preserve the exceptional quality of the fruit, 60% was aged for 14-16 months in concrete vats, while the remaining 40% was aged in barrels of different sizes.

With juicy notes of cranberries, raspberries, and blackberries, hints of dry herbs and Mediterranean shrub and crushed rocks, this pithy red with ripe tannins and crisp acidity will leave you with a lingering aftertaste of dry earth and garrigue.